What is the 80/20 Rule?
This is a rule I always breakdown during skin consults because it’s SO important to understand it in order to get the most out of your skincare routine, and understand why it frikkin’ matters so much!
I'm sure we've all heard the saying, "Abs are made in the kitchen." Meaning that when working out towards a physical goal, 80% of it is achieved from dietary choices and the remaining 20% from exercise.
The same rule applies to our overall skin health and skin goals! Meaning that 80% will depend on your skincare and 20% on professional skincare treatments. Both play an important role! So think of your skincare as your "diet" and of me as your "personal trainer"!
I think many of us take skincare for granted, maybe you struggle with finding what works, or you invest in skincare that doesn't do you any favours, or you lack consistency, or you just think it isn't worth it... whatever your reason, if you're not using effective skincare consistently you're not gonna get the results! It's like going to the gym for a hardcore workout, going back seldomly or never, continuing to eat junk and expecting to see abs come in. Not realistic.
On top of that, NO miracle treatment will erase a lifetime of neglect. I've experienced clients that neglected their skin for years, sparsely used skincare, or used junk skincare. They'd book in for a facial hoping to reverse those years of neglect in one treatment but changes don't happen overnight, they require consistency... both at home and in the treatment room. This applies to all skin goals from acne, to aging, to scarring, to pigmentation, and so on. Consistent Skincare + Consistent Pro Treatments will give you the best results!
Do you guys see a word coming up a lot in this post? CONSISTENCY!
Remember this... You get two opportunities a day to take care of your skin! Make it count and invest in it because 80% of your #skingoals will count on it! And if it's in your budget work towards booking regular facials.